Friday, April 25, 2008

Hi Founding Phoenix Team!


I have so much I want to share and information I want to gather from you,
but I shall address the pressing issue of contracts and the 2008-09 calendar
at this time. Sylvia has set-up a Founding Phoenix blog for our team and I
will coordinate the next team e-mail with her.

We have our first one hundred students enrolled! Thank you Jason and Nathan
for your help on April 16 and 17th with enrollment and recruitment. Please
mark your calendars for the next enrollment event May 6 (10:00AM - 1:00PM)
and May (4:00 - 7:00PM). Since the majority of the students enrolling are
secondary, we want to have a strong secondary team presence on the evening
of May 8. Please confirm your availability by May 2.

The official IDEA Public Schools Calendar for 2008 - 2009 is attached.
Please alert me to any conflicts you have by May 2. Another detailed IDEA
Mission professional development calendar will follow.

Please send me a detailed classroom instructional resource list if you
haven't already. Highlight those things you feel you MUST have to teach the
first six weeks (with estimated item cost) by May 2 so I can include it in
my final start-up budget.

Mrs. Solis and I would like to host you all for a Commitment to Excellence
and contract signing dinner and IDEA Mission team welcome this month. We
will send details next week.

I can be more responsive to you via phone, so please call me at 956 373 8366
with questions and requests. Any student and teacher applicants should be
referred to our office number (956 583-8315) from here throughout the summer
since we have staff at our administrative office Monday through Friday
between 8:30AM and 5:30PM who can address their questions while I
concentrate on preparing our school for you and our students.

Phoenix rising!

Natalie

No comments: